Partnering you for life, through better sight
The Nanyang's story began in 1957 in a small ophthalmic glass lens grinding workshop in Geylang. 64 years on, Nanyang Optical has grown into one of the longest-standing optical retail chains in Singapore.
With strategic locations across this sunny island, we have entrenched ourselves into the fabric and lives of countless Singaporeans, helping you to see better, look better and feel better.
For more than 60 years, we are committed to providing Singaporean's with the best possible eye care and eyewear. We are constantly upgrading ourselves to keep up with the latest design, technology, and health trends. These learnings are translated into our services, consultation, and offerings to our customers.
Recognizing that an optical shop is no longer just about offerings products and eye-refraction services, we have reached out and work together with partners and suppliers to bring eye health closer to you. We now also offer
- Myopia Management Service (incl Orthokeratology)
- Anterior checks that help to detect eye disorders such as Cataract, contact lens complications
- Posterior checks that help to pick up Glaucoma, Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD), or any disorders caused by diabetes and hypertension
- Safety eyewear that is required to protect workers from hazards that can result in eye injuries
With the evolving needs of customers, we developed retail concepts to cater to different customer groups:
- Alexis Eyewear Boutique - representing the epitome of eyewear fashion and exclusivity, housing an extensive collection of designer and fashion brands for trendsetters and discerning fashionistas
- Sport On Eyewear - the professional vision coach for sports enthusiasts and active individuals. We provide optical needs and quality eye protection. Embrace the sportitude!
A Walk Down Memory Lane with NANYANG OPTICAL
A history of recognition and breakthroughs
Our exclusive house brands Urband, Glossi, Eyelet, and Nature Eyes are widely distributed throughout the world. Besides Asian countries like Singapore, Japan, Korea, China, and Hong Kong, our office in France manages the export business for the European Union and the USA.
In 2006, we won the iF Material Award at the internationally recognised design forum at Hannover in Germany for two of our patented products. Since then, our frames have been celebrated in European media for their originality and technologically-forward designs, turned heads at numerous international optical fairs, and earned internationally coveted awards. Here are some highlights:
- 2006: iF Material Design Award 2006
- 2007: Red Dot Product Design 2007 (Winner)
- 2008: IDSA (International Design Excellence Awards) 2008 (Finalist), Silmo d’Or 2008 – Special Mention for Sustainable Development
- 2009: Red Dot Product Design 2009 (Winner), iF Material Design Award 2009 (Gold), Singapore President’s Design Award 2009, Silmo d’Or 2009 (Special Prize)
- 2010: German Design Award (Nominee)
- 2011: German Design Award (Nominee)
- 2012: IOFT Eyewear of the Year 2012 (Japan), Red Dot Product Design 2012 (Germany), Silmo d’Or 2009 (Nominee)
- 2013: Red Dot Product Design 2013
- 2014: German Design Award (Nominee)
- 2017: Silmo d'Or Innovation Award (Nominee)